Monday, December 16, 2013

The Journey is Never Over

Today, I'm leaving Aprovecho, the place that I've called home for the past 4 1/2 months, and heading back to PA. While I'm super excited to head back out on the road again and excited to see my family and my PA friends again, I'm really going to miss this place too. Cheers, Oregon. It's been real.

So that means it's over, right? Whatever "it" is.

Not by a long shot. The journey will never be over.

This wasn't really about seeing national parks and learning natural building (OK, part of it was). This wasn't about "finding myself," whatever that means. I already know who I am. Much like every move I've made in life, I came or went to wherever I was going in hope of finding some answers to complex life questions that I won't go in to here. This was no different.

Just as in the past, I've found answers, but just as often, I've found more questions. And that's the way my life goes and will keep going. I'm constantly going to have questions about me, about you, about life...and seeking the answers to them is my ongoing journey.

So, what have I gotten out of this?

How do you quantify an experience? I certainly can't. I've spent a good chunk of change, but I've seen and lived through so many things that are worth so much more than any piece(s) of paper. I've lost my mind (at times), but I've learned so much. I've traveled thousands upon thousands of miles and seemingly gotten nowhere but yet so far at the same time.

What have I gotten out of this? An experience...and for that, I'm thankful.

And so the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment