Friday, December 6, 2013

Doughnut Day

I've started writing or attempted to continue writing posts about 5 times in the last week and been distracted or fallen asleep every time. In a vain effort to feel productive, something totally random that will take no concentration whatsoever: my friend Tom attempting the Tex-ass Doughnut Challenge at Voodoo Doughnut in Eugene!



That doughnut is approximately 4 times the size of a normal one, and I didn't think to check the nutritional information, but I'd assume it's packed with way more than the recommended daily allowance of sugar. You're given 80 seconds to attempt to devour it, with the timer starting as soon as you take your first bite. Dig in!


The moose antlers were for power. Unfortunately, he almost choked partway through:


How sensitive of me to take a picture rather than being ready to administer the Heimlich maneuver. He finished approximately 75% of the doughnut, still rather impressive and much more than I would have in that time...

We then proceeded to excavate about 5,000 pounds of dirt in 35-degree weather by pick and shovel (of course, for cash). Actually, it wasn't bad, but that's probably because I didn't eat one of those doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment