Saturday, September 21, 2013

Later, Crater!

This week was sorely needed. The few of us that stuck around DID do a little more work on the building, but most of it was spent relaxing and taking in the occasional adventure.

I don't have any pictures of the Terwilliger Hot Springs (cue Simpsons jokes/references/whatever) because I left my phone in the car. Even though we saw some photo-worthy stone work done by our master stone mason instructor from the program, it's probably for the better. For one, photos don't do justice to the experience of slipping into a naturally warm/hot pool of water (alright, it smells a little like sulfur, but you get used to it). Secondly, the springs are clothing optional, and ya know, most people don't like strangers snapping photos of them while they're naked! And yes, I got naked. That shouldn't be all that surprising.

ANYway, I was able to cross another big "To do" off my list this week when I convinced some friends to go with me to Crater Lake National Park. You can Google it if you want for more info, but basically it's a lake that was formed in the caldera of a collapsed volcano. No water sources leading into it or out of it except for the air and the slopes of its shores. Pretty awesome, awe-inspiring and way more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be. Take a look:



That's the water in the background, not the sky.








We DID jump in for a little bit, even though the water was cold enough to turn your wee bits differing shades of blue. Seriously fresh water...some of the best $10 I've ever spent.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment: